Preparing UTFPR for the video team

Wouter Verhelst wouter at debian.org
Fri Aug 17 14:54:55 BST 2018

Hi Rodriga,

On Thu, Aug 16, 2018 at 07:42:06PM -0300, Rodrigo Siqueira wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My name is Rodrigo Siqueira and I'm part of the local video team for
> debconf19.

Nice to meet you! :-)

[...]
> We don't have the capture board yet; we will try to borrow or buy it. Do
> we need more equipment than that? Does someone have any advice on this
> first attempt?

If you haven't done any video work yet, it pays off to try experimenting
with stuff well before the event. If you then find that something isn't
working as expected, you'll still have time to deal with it.

Assuming you are planning to release the recordings after the event, it
might be useful to have a parseable schedule somewhere, so that it can
be fed into SReview[1] easily.

[1] https://sreview.debian.net/

--
Could you people please use IRC like normal people?!?

  -- Amaya Rodrigo Sastre, trying to quiet down the buzz in the DebConf 2008
     Hacklab