\MyRCS call from layout.tex:47 not correct?

Joost van Baal joostvb-debian-flyers-devel at mdcc.cx
Tue May 20 05:39:37 UTC 2008

Op Tue 20 May 2008 om 03:51:51 +0200 schreef Luca Capello:
> Hi there!
>
> Please Cc: me, I'm not subscribed to the list.
>
> The \MyRCS call in layout.tex:47 seems to cause some problems:
>
> =====
> luca at gismo:~/Hacking/debian/debian-flyers$ make flyer.ps
> ./mkconfig english deutsch
> [...]
>
> (./english.tex) (./layout.tex <swirl.eps>
> Runaway argument?
> 2007-09-07x \def \rcsInfoLongDate {\@rcsInfoToday } \if at rcsInfoToday@
> \ETC.
> ! Paragraph ended before \@rcsInfoSplitDate was complete.
> <to be read again>
>                    \par
> l.66
>
> ? q
> [...]
>
> luca at gismo:~/Hacking/debian/debian-flyers$ make lang1=english lang2=english
> ./mkconfig english english
> [...]
>
> (./english.tex) (./layout.tex
> ! Undefined control sequence.
> l.47 \MyRCS
>
> ? q
> =====
>
> Removing the \MyRCS call solves the problem, which had a secondary
> effect, too.  In fact, the \rcsInfo output was inserted at the beginning
> of the page, reporting the arguments of \rcsInfo and restricted to the
> first 5cm.
>
> I'm not a LaTeX expert nor a debian-flyer one, but I'd simply remove
> that call.

it fails on current lenny, indeed.  Perhaps it builds OK on etch, with
tetex-bin [3.0-30] and texlive-latex-extra [2005.dfsg.3-1].
I'll test that RSN.  (Note to self: run
joostvb at gelfand:~/cv...rg/debian-flyers/general% make flyer.ps)

I'll try to fix the problem, too.  This stuff should build out of the
box on unstable and testing.

Bye,

Joost