Changes to flyer

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Thu Mar 9 14:46:01 UTC 2017

Hi Joost,

On Thu, Mar 09, 2017 at 03:13:55PM +0100, Joost van Baal-Ilić wrote:
> Great, thanks a lot for your contribution.  I'll apply once the cvs2git
> migration has been completed.

Puh, sounds good that cvs2git is in progress. :-)

> > I think restricting sharing the software to friends strictly speaking
> > is against DFSG.  You are also able to share with enemies (I hope you
> > have none) - but you get the idea.
>
> The FSF phrases freedom number 2 of the four freedoms as:
>
>  "the freedom to share the software with your friends and neighbors"
>
> (https://www.gnu.org/licenses/quick-guide-gplv3.html).  I personally prefer
> that.  Another possibility would be '[...] want, share it, read and [...]'.
> That would give a shorter total text which is good for layout.
>
> What do you think?

I think the phrase "with your friends and neighbors" is total rubish.
I know that there is no explicite exclusion done but what about

   * relatives
   * colleagues
   * my local city administration
   * a taxi driver
   * and to be more provocative: a pedophile

Free software is about freedom and not about politics.  This phrase
opens the door for crazy licenses like "GPL, but you should use it only
for good not for bad" (wasn't this in libjson ?)  For me "with anybody"
is not only a shortcut it is more precise.

> > Could someone please, pretty please move this simple repository to
> > Git and set ACLs to enable commit permission to any DD?
> [...]
>
> larjona is working on that as we speak.

Kudos to larjona!

Kind regards