and translations / Re: micronews / dpn / Re: Somes updates on flyers page

Joost van Baal-Ilić joostvb-debian-flyers-devel at mdcc.cx
Wed Apr 3 04:03:18 BST 2019

Bonjour Alban,

On Wed, Apr 03, 2019 at 12:14:06AM +0200, Alban Vidal wrote:
> Le 02/04/2019 à 11:07, Joost van Baal-Ilić a écrit :
> >> We can also call the l10n teams to create the social contract + DFSG.
> >> They already translated in most languages; we just need a layout to the
> >> .tex format.
> >
> > We don't have po-infrastructure yet.  Would be nice if we had (would it?).
> > But indeed, social contract now has english, french and italian in our repo
> > while there is
> >
> >  عربية (Arabiya)
> >  Български (Bəlgarski)
> >  català
> >  česky
> >  dansk
> >  Deutsch
> >  español
> >  فارسی (Farsi)
> >  français
> >  Galego
> >  hrvatski
> >  Italiano
> >  עברית (ivrit)
> >  한국어 (Korean)
> >  magyar
> >  Nederlands
> >  日本語 (Nihongo)
> >  norsk (bokmål)
> >  polski
> >  Português
> >  Русский (Russkij)
> >  slovenčina
> >  suomi
> >  svenska
> >  Tiếng Việt
> >  Türkçe
> >  українська (ukrajins'ka)
> >  中文(简)
> >  中文(HK)
> >  中文(繁)
> >
> > at https://www.debian.org/social_contract .
> >
> > Hrm....
> >
> > Idealy we would not keep translations in 2 places in git.

Just to be more clear: The 2-places-in-git issue is only for the social
contract/dfsg-flyer, in salsa.debian.org:debian/debian-flyers/social_contract/
.  The po-issue is especially for the general debian flyer, in
salsa.debian.org:debian/debian-flyers/english.tex

> > Maybe po could
> > help, not quite sure yet what's the best course of action here...
> >
> Flyers with .po format is a very good idea, but for the moment I don't
> know how convert the current .tex files to use existing .po files.
>
> For the future flyers updates (or new releases / new translated
> language), the translation will be faster ready, and the updates more
> easy (I think).

I also _think_ that; and I also don't know yet how to do such a conversion.  I
_think_ that once we have .po files, we can hook up with existing popular
translators infrastructure.

> If you want I can look for that.

That would be great.  Even if it turns out that it would be too much work /
overkill, that'd be useful to know.

Thanks, Bye,

Joost