[Debian-ha-maintainers] Comments regarding pacemaker_1.1.8+git20121009-1_amd64.changes

Ansgar Burchardt ansgar at debian.org
Wed Mar 6 12:47:36 UTC 2013

On 03/06/2013 13:12, Martin Gerhard Loschwitz wrote:
> Am 20.10.2012 um 11:37 schrieb Luca Falavigna <ftpmaster at debian.org>:
>> We're holding it due to a potential transition which would affect some reverse
>> dependencies. As Wheezy is frozen, Release Team asked us to refrain from
>> processing packages which introduce unplanned transitions, as this could delay
>> the Wheezy release even further.
>>
> So what's the status on this? that was 3.5 months ago and Linux-HA development
> has almost completely come to a stop in Debian meanwhile; the Pacemaker 1.1.7
> package has a security issue (http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=700923)
> that needs fixing.

Well, wheezy isn't released yet...

Having 1.1.8 in NEW doesn't stop you from uploading a newer 1.1.7
package that includes the security fix to unstable (having 1.1.8 in
unstable would make this no longer possible).

> Quite frankly, I am not completely sure that I understand what "transition" you are
> talking about; to the best of my knowledge, there are some packages depending on
> Pacemaker (mostly anything related to DLM) but the stack as it currently is in
> wheezy is very much "done" and I don't see how updating Pacemaker in Unstable
> would change that.

Any package that depends on the pacemaker libraries would no longer be
able to get fixes targeted at wheezy via unstable (as they would pick up
a dependency on the new shared library packages).

Ansgar