[Debian-ha-maintainers] shared Git repository layout

Richard B Winters rik at mmogp.com
Wed Apr 15 18:22:49 UTC 2015

@Feri

Thank you for the explanation; let me see if I have this right:

1. Clone upstream's master as our master
2. Import the release tarball using gbp,  it will import to upstream
branch and tag it
3. Create debian branches (sid,experimental) and populate with debian
directory
4. Merge master or upstream branch, into debian/*
5. Work in debian/*

Is this correct?

So to expand; with let's say crmsh.git:

I used gbp --import-dsc, so the tarball was imported to the upstream
branch and tagged, the source as well as debian directory was thrown
into the master branch by gbp...and tagged. Pristine tar was created by
gbp as well.

From here, I would create debian/sid; and initially base it off of
master since that is how gbp set everything up; just to get it populated
initially.

I would then add clusterlabs remote, remove debian directory from
master, and pull their master into our master, rebase, and enable
tracking.

Onward I use gbp to import new upstream releases, and have their master
branch for when I want to base a release off of a snapshot rather than a
tarball.

Whichever source I want to use...is merged into the respective debian/*
branch, where I do my work.

How does that sound?

--

The inability to create a branch with '/' in it, seems to have been an
issue with the state of the repository at the time I tried; it is not an

Also are you using gbp to build or 'debuild' or another method (out of
curiosity only)?

--

One last thing, we were added to kgb-1 and kgb-2 bots. I created the
config for us at /home/groups/debian-ha/conf.d/kgb-client.conf; all we

- git config kgb.conf /home/groups/my-project/kgb-client.conf

- add:

exec
pee /home/groups/kgb/bin/kgb-client-trunk /usr/local/bin/git-commit-notice

(exec...pee...git-commit-notice all on one line ofc)

To hooks/post-receive

- chmod a+x hooks/post-receive

Please advise,

--