[Debian-ha-maintainers] Next candidate

Richard B Winters rik at mmogp.com
Thu Apr 16 10:01:32 UTC 2015

Hello all,

libqb was uploaded, so I'd like to move on to the next target. I had in
mind to prep crmsh's shared repository and get it uploaded since Stefan
had jumped on that :P - though we kind of do need the new corosync and
pacemaker before it should be uploaded.

So I wanted to inquire on pacemaker; I see Stefan uploaded it to
mentors, but if someone else (other than him) hadn't already been
working on it, I'd like to work with Stefan on it; git it (pun intended)
into our shared repository for it and ensuring our symbols situation is
good with its many libraries.

I had started crmsh, as some of you recall; though I hadn't done much
since then for I was waiting on corosync and pacemaker -> and figured
there are other components I could get going on to help speed
completion, before we'd need to worry about uploading crmsh. At this
point I've expanded upon the existing crmsh package (if you remember I
tried to ITP it :P) - and so change log history, copyrights, and other
pertinent data is preserved now in the repository.

I did create shared repositories for:

cluster-glue    (Initial imports and new upstream import already done,
                 needs updates to debian patch for new release)
crmsh           (My progress is available there)
fence-agents    (Same as cluster-glue)
libqb           (All there, done, uploaded)
pacemaker       (Bare repository)
pcs             (Latest release import already done, needs debian
                 patch)
resource-agents (Same as cluster-glue)

The repositories are on Alioth in our project space, and all hooks are
already setup.

I wasn't going to rush on the two agents; but they are also extremely
easy compared to the the other packages, and so I was planning to hit
them. Though the point of mentioning this is that anyone can really go
into them - I am going to sleep here and haven't gone any further with
them yet. Please let me know if someone starts working on them so our
efforts don't conflict.

PCS is in a rather bare state (as it should be, since the package
doesn't exist), I've created the repository and did an import-orig on
the latest stable release. It needs its debian patch still, which I will
work on little by little, and more devoutly as we get closer to being
able to use it - just like crmsh. Although if anyone is itching to do
this package, I've not pushed the debian directory - and so feel free to
pull the repository and start on it, just let me know if you do; I'm
kinda keeping a list of who is working on what :)

Last, but not least; my current endeavor, cluster-glue; upstream source
can be found here:

http://hg.linux-ha.org/glue

and releases here:

http://www.linux-ha.org/wiki/Downloads

Though most other components have been moved to github.com/clusterlabs,
this one is not migrated yet. Our version in jessie and sid is the
previous RC for the latest release that is now available (1.0.12).

This is the one I'm actively working on now, though it should be nice
and easy - aside from any standards updates, checking for patches
applied upstream, etc; as its been mostly maintained.

--

Lastly, there's the topic of repository layout; and let me tell you
there are some who are sincerely not liking the idea of not using master

Due to this, I let gbp create the repository using the import-dsc
method, making master the debian-branch; which I was advised to branch
off of for other debian releases if necessary.

Upstream source is on the 'upstream' branches.

Each repository also has it's pristine tar.

It's advised to add the upstream remote if available, we should only
ever need to git fetch (not pull) to cherry-pick, and we can use gbp to
manage patches on the patch-queue branch as necessary.

Though master is the debian-branch, it still follows dep-14 as long as
we utilize the recommended naming conventions for the non-stable debian
branches.

--

That's about that - sorry for the read but I wanted to share progress,
etc.

Best,

--
Rik