[Debian-ha-maintainers] Statuses

Richard B Winters rik at mmogp.com
Wed Apr 22 17:30:49 UTC 2015

Hello all,

We've got some new people in debian-ha irc hanging out and helping out;
I'd encourage everyone to come say hi and hangout!

With that said I'm trying to inquire on what everyone is doing.

@Feri could I ask if you are working on corosync, and if so what the
status may be?  I saw the reports to upstream regarding symbols and the
changelog, but that was regarding libqb; just curious if you've been
working on corosync.

I updated --docdir in ./configure for libqb, and so was able to remove
your manual creation and migration of docs to the correct doc directory
and only leave the removal of COPYING, etc.

I also fixed the embedded javascript library lintian information warning
by adding a symlink appropriately for libjs-jquery in place of the
embedded library.

Myon (Christoph) previously exported all the symbols from
snapshot.debian.org (prior to your report to upstream), and when we
compared we did see the dropped symbols that were mentioned upstream;
I've been exporting symbols in that fashion moving forward. Thanks for
forwarding it; I had planned to, especially after having told them I
think we were good; but all good either way.

I also made other trivial changes/updates - you can review them on
mentors or via the git repository I created on Alioth./

--

@Matthew could I ask the same of you regarding pacemaker? Just curious
if you've been working on it. I know you were waiting on my completion

If nobody is working on either, I'd start with corosync then move to
pacemaker eventually; if someone is working on both I'll just sit tight.

--

I've mostly finished cluster-glue (just some testing needed, and a fix
to the watch file). Even though watchfile is broken; the package is

CRMSH has been updated and repository had full history imported as did
libqb and cluster-glue (resource and fence -agents as well). I need
pacemaker so I can set/test dependencies and so therefore it is again on
hold for that.

PCS has not been started, just the repository set with initial import of
upstream source. (This is a ruby/python package)

Myon has finished with fence-agents, and is proceeding to finish
resource-agents.

--

So with the completion of corosync and pacemaker; comes the completion
of crmsh/pcs and our stack.

For the record; the modern stack includes _only_:

- Libqb
- Corosync
- Pacemaker
- Resource-Agents
- Fence-Agents
- CRMSH/PCS

Cluster-Glue is an optional dependency for Pacemaker; needed mostly only
for the test-suit and for providing LHA style fencing agents. CRMSH
ironically also makes use of it for its tests; which is why I decided to
work on this one while others worked on the other packages.

Best,

--
Rik