[Debian-ha-maintainers] HA-addon repo for jessie (Re: Removing packages from jessie)

Matthew Vernon matthew at debian.org
Thu Apr 23 17:14:45 UTC 2015

Hi,

On 17/04/15 08:29, Christoph Berg wrote:
> Re: Matthew Vernon 2015-04-16 <552FFB5D.4020807 at debian.org>
>> I think I disagree, and that we should instead aim to provide a stable stack
>> in jessie-backports.
>
> There's somewhat the problem that -backports is expected to be
> up-to-date wrt the newest testing version, while HA users will
> probably not want to get their corosync version bumped every two
> months. But maybe I'm being overly cautious.

IMO, we should be guided by what our users are likely to need. So
providing a stable jessie-backport would be pointless for software that
is in jessie already (people wanting that would just use the jessie
version). But I suspect people deploying clusters based on jessie are
going to need a stable cluster stack, not the latest and greatest thing,
and that we should therefore provide that in a jessie-backports cluster
stack.

Regards,

Matthew