[Debian-ha-maintainers] libqb is ready

Richard B Winters rik at mmogp.com
Sat Mar 28 23:23:57 UTC 2015

On Sat, 2015-03-28 at 23:15 +0000, Matthew Vernon wrote:
> My feeling is that packaging releases where upstream makes them in a
> sensible way is the way to go, and that building particular snapshots
> should be the exception not the norm.
>
> So, I would rather we (==you ;-) put 0.17.1 in the archive now, and
> then
> 0.17.2 as and when that gets released.

Hmm, that makes too much sense to me - I can't argue it and will just
suck it up and do it.

--

I only did it this way because I saw (as did Feri), that the git build
from latest snapshot is still 0.17.1, not 0.17.2 -> _and_ that they  had

https://github.com/ClusterLabs/libqb/releases

Further inspection of every other tag shows that they have never used
*Final Release* to signify a final release for any other version...

I was thinking maybe it was their last release period, and they are only
doing bug updates to the master branch? I asked, but have not gotten a
response yet.

Perhaps I'm just analyzing that too much. Yet unfortunately, unlike with
crmsh, I haven't had the opportunity to speak with the libqb authors yet
-> they haven't responded to me yet to be more specific.

However, RHEL put all cman functionality (such as quorum) into corosync,
and now they no longer maintain cman at all...I'm wondering if the same
is going to happen with libqb, and that this is why its the final
release.

So with that said, I'll package the straight 0.17.1 release - unless you
think I'm seeing things correctly and want to change your mind regarding
the matter?

Best,

--
Rik