[Debian-ha-maintainers] libqb is ready

Ferenc Wagner wferi at niif.hu
Mon Mar 30 14:16:46 UTC 2015

Richard B Winters <rik at mmogp.com> writes:

> wferi at niif.hu writes:
>
>> Is "export DEB_BUILD_MAINT_OPTIONS = hardening=+all" really needed?
>
> From what I understand, hardening=+all adds all the hardening flags,
> which is not the default.

Right, thanks for pointing this out.  It probably won't hurt.

>> Also, I don't get the "ibqb is linked against pthread..." comment block,
>> could you explain it, please?
>
> This package now supports the glib-based examples, and as a result it
> also makes use of libpthread librt and libdl. Do not trust the warnings
> that are displayed in a source build suggesting that it causes a useless
> dependency - as reported by dpkg.

OK, I didn't notice those dpkg-shlibdeps warnings somehow.
I'd rather put this info into README.source, not into rules.

>> The bug referenced above points out that switching to --link-doc
>> requires manual migration in libqb-dev.postinst.  For example: [...]
>
> That was with regard to the symbolic links not actually being
> there... though they were for me in debian/tmp after build - as well
> as post-install in /usr/share/doc/lib*, so is that script really even
> necessary in this case?

This is an issue when upgrading the package, not present on first
installs.  Then an empty directory is left behind, which should be
replaced by the symlink.  Just try installing the sid version, then
upgrading to your packages.  You'll end up with an empty
/usr/share/doc/libqb-dev directory instead of the symlink.  It's a dpkg
peculiarity, spelled out in the bug report.

Speaking about documentation, INSTALL and README.markdown end up in
/usr/share/doc/libqb (autoconf docdir) instead of /usr/share/doc/libqb0
(see libqb0.install).  Renaming the directory in dh_auto_install looks
like the easiest solution.

At the same time you can also directly remove the COPYING file from that
directory.  It's safer than using find to silently remove all (future)
COPYING files.

I'd also just remove the .la file, unless you know it's actually needed
(though I doubt it, as it isn't present in 0.17.0-2).

The above boils down to something like:

override_dh_auto_install:
        dh_auto_install
        rm debian/tmp/usr/lib/*/lib*.la
        rm debian/tmp/usr/share/doc/libqb/COPYING
        mv debian/tmp/usr/share/doc/libqb debian/tmp/usr/share/doc/libqb0

and the corresponding changes in the .install files.
--
Regards,
Feri.