[Debian-ha-maintainers] libqb is ready

Matthew Vernon mcv21 at cam.ac.uk
Mon Mar 30 21:34:07 UTC 2015

Hi,

 > I don't understand cloning a repository and all of its history -> when
> we are supposed to be packaging using the release tarball anyhow -> not
> the commit used for the tarball release...no?

It makes it easier to cherry-pick upstream commits and so on. The
various git packaging tools let you say "this is the upstream tarball
that corresponds to release X" and suchlike. It also helps you have a
coherent history in your repo.

> So is Github.com...did you mean to imply something other than this? I
> only suggest using Github.com because of all the advanced features we
> could be taking advantage of - which Alioth does not have.

Alioth is free as in free software, github is not. So we should use
alioth for Debian things (or other free software tools), not github.

Regards,

Matthew