[Debian-ha-maintainers] Pacemaker 1.1.13 on Debian/Jessie

Cédric Dufour - Idiap Research Institute cedric.dufour at idiap.ch
Wed Sep 23 11:12:24 UTC 2015

Hello Debian-HA Team,

Currently running a big (24 nodes / 350 resources) cluster based on Debian/Wheezy, I'm currently - and very gently - preparing for its upgrade to Debian/Jessie (or next; time will tell).

Based on the available source packages (I followed your pointers on "Debian-HA ClustersFromScratch" page), I have successfully rebuilt all packages, including upgrading to Pacemaker 1.1.13 (released June 2015).

The only problems I met:
 - maybe add an explicit libqb version dependency (>= 0.17.1) in corosync control file
 - fence-agents tests fail because of wrong /usr/sbin/vgs path in tests/data/metadata/fence_scsi.xml (correct path is /sbin/vgs)

Also find available for download the debian.tar.xz modified for Pacemaker 1.1.13: https://www.idiap.ch/~cdufour/download/pacemaker_1.1.13-0idiap1.debian.tar.xz
PS: I add to demote crmsh to 'Recommends' because of circular dependency error at build time.

I shall deploy this stack in production in a very small cluster (redundant LVS-backed load-balancer) by the end of the year; if interested, I can keep you posted or help for "on the field" tests you may need.

I hope this little contribution can help in your efforts for maintaining the Debian-HA stack.

Thanks for your work and best regards,

Cédric

--

Cédric Dufour @ Idiap Research Institute