[Debian-ha-maintainers] pacemaker build failed another jessie host due to missing man7 files

Ferenc Wágner wferi at niif.hu
Sun Feb 28 21:17:51 UTC 2016

Juha Heinanen <jh at tutpro.com> writes:

> Ferenc Wágner writes:
>
>> Then what do the following commands return?
>>
>> $ xmlcatalog "" http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/manpages/docbook.xsl
>> $ find /usr/share -name manpages -type d
>> $ ls /usr/share/xml/docbook/stylesheet/docbook-xsl-ns/manpages /usr/share/xml/docbook/stylesheet/docbook-xsl/manpages
>
> They give this:
>
> $ xmlcatalog "" http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/manpages/docbook.xsl
> file:/usr/share/xml/docbook/stylesheet/docbook-xsl/manpages/docbook.xsl
> $ find /usr/share -name manpages -type d
> $ ls /usr/share/xml/docbook/stylesheet/docbook-xsl-ns/manpages /usr/share/xml/docbook/stylesheet/docbook-xsl/manpages
> /usr/share/xml/docbook/stylesheet/docbook-xsl/manpages:
> block.xsl	       info.xsl    profile-docbook.xsl
> charmap.groff.xsl      inline.xsl  refentry.xsl
> docbook-multiarch.xsl  lists.xsl   synop.xsl
> docbook.xsl	       other.xsl   table.xsl
> endnotes.xsl	       param.xsl   utility.xsl
> html-synop.xsl	       pi.xsl
>
> /usr/share/xml/docbook/stylesheet/docbook-xsl-ns/manpages:
> block.xsl	       info.xsl    profile-docbook.xsl
> charmap.groff.xsl      inline.xsl  refentry.xsl
> docbook-multiarch.xsl  lists.xsl   synop.xsl
> docbook.xsl	       other.xsl   table.xsl
> endnotes.xsl	       param.xsl   utility.xsl
> html-synop.xsl	       pi.xsl

Why doesn't that find command finds the directories you list in the next
command?  Are your permissions all right?  What do the following
commands report?

$ mount
$ ls -ld / /usr /usr/share /usr/share/xml /usr/share/xml/docbook /usr/share/xml/docbook/stylesheet /usr/share/xml/docbook/stylesheet/docbook-xsl /usr/share/xml/docbook/stylesheet/docbook-xsl/manpages

> On the other Jessie host where the build works they give this: [...]
>
> The difference is that on the failing host the find manpages command
> does not find anything.

Yes, and that seems to be your build problem.

> Could it be that I don't have some man pages package install on the
> failing host and when that is not present, no docbook-xls man pages are
> installed either?

Actually, you don't seem to miss anything.  The configure process does
not find some components, though.
--
Regards,
Feri.