[Debian-ha-maintainers] pacemaker build failed another jessie host due to missing man7 files

Christoph Berg myon at debian.org
Mon Feb 29 10:58:06 UTC 2016

Re: Juha Heinanen 2016-02-29 <22227.35875.764989.802554 at lohi.tutpro.com>
> Juha Heinanen writes:
>
> > It turned out that the find command didn't find anything because
> > /usr/share is symbolic link:
>
> This brings up a general Debian question: is it "illegal" to create
> symbolic links to Debian directories and, if done, anything can break?

Hi Juha,

I can't find the Debian Policy section about this now, but the answer
from the back of my brain is that this is allowed for top-level
directories like /var or /usr. I'd argue it should be allowed for
"almost top-level" directories like /var/lib or /usr/share as well.

This is not being tested well so subtle bugs like this one might pop
up, but I'd still call them bugs that should be fixed.

Christoph
--
cb at df7cb.de | http://www.df7cb.de/