[Debian-ha-maintainers] Question about pacemaker-upgrade from wheezy

Valentin Vidic Valentin.Vidic at CARNet.hr
Fri Feb 16 12:21:32 UTC 2018

On Fri, Feb 16, 2018 at 01:07:05PM +0100, Tom Fernandes wrote:
> I would like to know it is possible to upgrade a wheezy-based
> pacemaker/corosync/DRBD-Cluster from wheezy to jessie or stretch.
>
> This page[1] states "No". But as this information dates back to
> 05/2015[2], I would like to confirm if this is still true since
> pacemaker is in jessie-backports since 03/2016 and it was stated by
> Christoph Berg at that time[3] that cluster-upgrades from wheezy to
> jessie should work.

I don't think it is possible to connect corosync v1 (wheezy) to
corosync v2 (jessie-backports|stretch), so you can't upgrade one
node and than move the resources there (rolling upgrade).

But DRBD versions should be compatible, so depending on your config
you might be able to upgrade one node, shutdown the corosync v1
cluster and than start a corosync v2 one on the upgraded node,
all while keeping DRBD data in sync.

--
Valentin