[Debian-ha-maintainers] SBD as watchdog daemon

wferi at niif.hu wferi at niif.hu
Fri Apr 12 10:03:52 BST 2019

Valentin Vidic <Valentin.Vidic at CARNet.hr> writes:

> On Fri, Apr 12, 2019 at 09:31:08AM +0200, wferi at niif.hu wrote:
>
>> Is the current sbd_1.4.0-1 good enough to release in buster in light of
>> the quote below?  The corresponding merge requests (#71, #72 and #73)
>> seem to fix important bugs.  I don't use SBD, though.
>
> Yes, I saw there are some updates after 1.4.0, but I can't really tell
> how important they are or if they could cause some problems. Perhaps
> we can upload this to unstable and see how it behaves?

Uploading to unstable could block smaller changes targeting testing, so
we'd better use experimental for uncertain stuff.  But this is a
technical detail only, my main concern is that I can't tell whether
these fixes are important enough (they sound so, though) and I can't
really test them either, because I've got no experience with sbd.  I
think if these patches indeed fix important issues, we can reasonably
get an unblock for them, either in the form of a new upstream release
(if upstream is willing) or by cherry-picking them.  I'm just not the
right person to request the unblock, lacking specific knowledge.
--
Cheers,
Feri