[Debian-ha-maintainers] SBD as watchdog daemon

Valentin Vidic Valentin.Vidic at CARNet.hr
Sun Apr 14 21:32:06 BST 2019

On Sun, Apr 14, 2019 at 08:28:37PM +0200, Valentin Vidic wrote:
> I guess this is due to a change in sbd.service:
>
> [Install]
> RequiredBy=corosync.service
> RequiredBy=pacemaker.service
> RequiredBy=dlm.service
>
> Not sure if there is anything we can do here, what do you think?

The strange thing about sbd.service is that there are two Before
statements and three RequiredBy. As a result when sbd fails to start
corosync will continue to run and only pacemaker fails with dependency
error.

# /lib/systemd/system/sbd.service
[Unit]
Description=Shared-storage based fencing daemon
Documentation=man:sbd(8)
Before=pacemaker.service
Before=dlm.service
After=systemd-modules-load.service iscsi.service
PartOf=corosync.service
RefuseManualStop=true
RefuseManualStart=true

[Service]
Type=forking
PIDFile=/var/run/sbd.pid
EnvironmentFile=-/etc/default/sbd
ExecStart=/usr/sbin/sbd $SBD_OPTS -p /var/run/sbd.pid watch
ExecStop=/bin/kill -TERM $MAINPID

# Could this benefit from exit codes for restart?
# Does this need to be set to msgwait * 1.2?
# TimeoutSec=
# If SBD crashes, it'll very likely suicide immediately due to the
# hardware watchdog. But one can always try.
Restart=on-abort

--
Valentin