[Debian-ha-maintainers] Debian HA <-> Ubuntu HA sync & help

Rafael David Tinoco rafaeldtinoco at ubuntu.com
Thu Oct 31 17:43:29 GMT 2019

Hello HA maintainers,

This is Rafael, I'm an ubuntu server developer. I'm currently
syncing/merging HA packages into ubuntu-next (20.04), its the beginning
of our merge window and I wanted to check out what is the best way for
me to help the HA maintainers.

Would it be okay just to do merge requests through salsa ? Is there a
list of things you would like to be done, possibly with priorities ? I'm
also thinking in expanding some of the existing DEP8 tests during those
merges.

# possible upstream syncs:

corosync (unstable to v3.0.2-23-g721c5d4b)
pacemaker (unstable to - 2.0.3-rc1 or 2.0.2)
resource-agents (ubuntu sync to unstable 4.4.0-1)
drbd-utils (unstable from v9.5.0-1 to v9.11.0)
ocfs2-tools (unstable to ocfs2-tools-1.8.6-4-g8b3dad1d)
keepalived (unstable from v2.0.10-1 to v2.0.19)
crmsh (unstable to 4.1.0-37-g6f2c8ea9)
pcs (unstable to 0.10.3-46-g170b06cb OR 0.10.3)

OBS: of course I know there isn't the need or the will to update to
latest upstream, but, sometimes might be wanted by you, I'm not sure if
it would.

I'm also creating HA documentation for our manuals, maybe, if you're
okay, I could it for Debian and then just wrap it into the ubuntu manual
(this way documentation delta is minimized). Idea is to adapt clusters
from scratch to "supported  deployments" (appropriate # of nodes /
fencing / stonith / quorum devices) and examples.

Our idea is to keep "pcs" tool as the default tool for our
documentation, using it on all examples of the "manual" to be created.

At the end, idea here is just a major "can I help ?! if yes, where ?!"
heads up, and to inform I'll be dedicating a good part of my time to HA
packages for in ubuntu, and thought I could do the same for the community.

Looking forward to helping.
Best,
Rafael
-