[Debian-ha-maintainers] Fwd: Re: DRBD in buster-backports 5.4 broken

michael-dev michael-dev at fami-braun.de
Sat May 2 19:36:28 BST 2020

Dear Maintainer of drbd-utils,

I've been trying out linux-image-amd64 from buster-backports on buster
x86_64, which is a version 5.4 kernel.
When running the backports kernel, drbd was broken for me. The issues is
described in detail here:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/drbd-utils/+bug/1866458

This is due to drbd-utils not setting NLA_F_NESTED as required by kernel
due to mainline kernel v5.2 commit b424e432e770 ("netlink: add
validation of NLA_F_NESTED flag").

The fix is simple:
https://github.com/LINBIT/drbd-utils/commit/859151b228
Ubuntu already ships this as lp1866458-add-NLA_F_NESTED-flag.patch.

I can confirm this also fixes the issue in buster for me.

I therefore kindly ask this bugfix to be applied to debian drbd-utils
and be shipped in buster.

Regards,
M. Braun