[Debian-handbook-translators] russian translation started

Raphael Hertzog hertzog at debian.org
Wed Jun 6 06:13:06 UTC 2012

On Tue, 05 Jun 2012, Roland Mas wrote:
> Raphael Hertzog, 2012-06-05 16:08:01 +0200 :
>
> [...]
>
> > Please squash multiple commits together in logical entities. I
> > do not want to see "next small part of translation" then "another small
> > part of translation ", etc.
>
>   How about just one merge commit?  Squashing or rebasing changes
> history, and that's a pain.

It's a pain for public changes where other persons have based work on the
rebased branch. This is not the case here.

I'm asking translators to not create too many commits and to use "git
commit --amend" to progressively grow a single local commit to push
once they are done with a chapter.

Don't share/push you work too soon. Even reviewers like to review
completed chapters, not partial chapters.

If you really want early feedback on some non-finished translation, send a
mail to your reviewers with a patch, or upload your branch to an external
repository.

In the end what gets pushed on git.debian.org should be clean to not
clutter the history.

TIA.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer

Get the Debian Administrator's Handbook:
→ http://debian-handbook.info/get/