[Debian-handbook-translators] Danish translation

Raphael Hertzog hertzog at debian.org
Wed Jun 6 15:14:18 UTC 2012

Hello,

On Wed, 06 Jun 2012, Aputsiaq Janussen wrote:
> 1) The amount of work between each edition
> I figure that the amount of changes is likely rather low compared to
> other books, since the topic is administration - I might be wrong.

You're probably right in general. But it might be that wheezy will have
more changes than usual because of the larger feedback that follows
the free release of the book.

> Is there a roadmap for the wheezy edition?

The wishlist bugs here: http://bugs.debian.org/debian-handbook

But it might not be exhaustive. I probably have a couple of TODO
lying around somewhere in my notes.

> 2) The possibilty of using a web interface
> Having a way of translating, reviewing and committing online -
> especially for documentation - would be great.
> I've seen that the Spanish team is considering the use of Weblate.
> Be sure to post on the mailing list regarding considerations on a web interface.

I'm a bit reluctant with that kind of interface because a translation
who has contributions from too many translators will be inequal and
varying in style.

But you seem to be at least 2 teams interest by it, so I accepted the
offer and we will see how it turns out.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer

Get the Debian Administrator's Handbook:
→ http://debian-handbook.info/get/