[Debian-handbook-translators] Translating with a web interface, weblate now available

Raphael Hertzog hertzog at debian.org
Thu Jul 12 09:03:34 UTC 2012

Hello,

Michal Čihař offered to host a weblate instance to help translate
the debian admin handbook. It's now live at
http://debian.weblate.org/projects/debian-handbook/

If your team was looking for such a tool, please give it a try
and send us your feedback. The work done there will not
be automatically integrated in the official repository but
I will manually merge it from time to time.

To avoid problems, either you always use weblate or you never use it, but
you should avoid committing directly on the official repository and at the
same time updating your translation on weblate (in theory it's ok if you
work on distinct set of files but it's difficult to keep track of this,
so the easiest solution is to pick one workflow and stick to it).

So udpate the README file of your project if you decide to use weblate so
that everybody uses weblate.

For now I have no way to disable some languages on weblate but I hope
to be able to disable it for teams who decide to not use weblate.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer

Get the Debian Administrator's Handbook:
→ http://debian-handbook.info/get/