[Debian-handbook-translators] [Suggestion] And about the translators?

Raphael Hertzog hertzog at debian.org
Wed May 14 20:40:31 UTC 2014

On Tue, 13 May 2014, Claudio Filho wrote:
> Maybe i (yet) not saw nothing about translators, but i think that can be a
> good thing have a space to list the translators for each language. I saw
> that beyond en and fr, we have spanish and (soon) pt-BR finished.
>
> In our case (pt-BR), we have around of 5 translators that can be
> recognized. Maybe to add more one string like:
>
> msgid "Translation to <lang>: name1, name2, name3, ..., and name4."
> msgstr "Traduzido para português do Brasil: Claudio ..., Denis ..., ..., e
> Willer ..."
>
> Raphael, Mas, what you think about?

We can certainly add a place where we thank translators... but until I add
this I suggest you add this at the end of an existing string like this
one (in 00b_foreword.po).

msgid "This book would not be what it is without the contributions of several persons who each played an
 important role during the translation phase and beyond. We would like to thank Marilyne Brun, who helpe
d us to translate the sample chapter and who worked with us to define some common translation rules. She
 also revised several chapters which were desperately in need of supplementary work. Thank you to Anthon
y Baldwin (of Baldwin Linguas) who translated several chapters for us."

> Raphael, can you update the pt-BR/README file? Follow the diff in attach.
> Thanks by your help.

Done!

--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer

Discover the Debian Administrator's Handbook:
→ http://debian-handbook.info/get/