[Debian-handbook-translators] The Debian Administrator's Handbook ready to be translated!

Raphael Hertzog hertzog at debian.org
Mon Nov 23 09:08:04 UTC 2015

Hello,

On Sat, 21 Nov 2015, AYANOKOUZI, Ryuunosuke wrote:
> First of all, I can't finish PDF layout tweaking by December 5.
> It will finish it by January 10, 2016. I'm terribly sorry for my optimistic estimate.

It's not a big deal. I have another problem... I was expecting to use
lulu.com as "print-on-demand" service but I'm not sure if Japan is covered
correctly.

Can you try to buy the current english paperback (and stop the order
before the actual payment) just to see how much they charge you for the
shipment of the book ?

Because if it's prohibitive we might have to find another service that
works better for you.

The second problem with Lulu is that we can't input japanese in the
official book description... the ISBN metadata must be in Latin
characters. Or maybe there's a good way to transliterate japanese
that is still readable by Japanese ?

And the last problem is obviously that there is no japanese version
of the website itself (where you place the order).

I would like your feedback on those various points... how problematic are
they ? Do you know another print-on-demand service in Japan that would be
availabe in English as well so that I can at least use their backoffice
to register the book properly ?

> Current working branch for Japanese PDF layout tweaking is available on my git account[1].
> Even thought this branch is just a rebased branch of 'jessie/print-en'[2],
> generated Japanese PDF is perfectly good in the sense of PAGE LAYOUT.

I do not suggest to start with jessie/print-en as the tweak needed for the
japanese books are unlikely to be the at the same place than those needed
in the English version. But if it's OK, then good...

> I already finished the translation of en-US/99_backcover.xml
> and pushed translated ja-JP/99_backcover.po also.

Thanks.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer