[Debian-handbook-translators] The Debian Administrator's Handbook ready to be translated!

AYANOKOUZI, Ryuunosuke i38w7i3 at yahoo.co.jp
Sun Jan 10 02:18:31 UTC 2016

Hi Raphael,

I'm sending you progress report for PDF layout tweaking.
After the last progress report, I did translation QA and PDF layout tweaking.
Practically, I think it is possible to say these are finished
and we can move onto publishing.

> > First of all, I can't finish PDF layout tweaking by December 5.
> > It will finish it by January 10, 2016. I'm terribly sorry for my optimistic estimate.
>
> It's not a big deal. I have another problem... I was expecting to use
> lulu.com as "print-on-demand" service but I'm not sure if Japan is covered
> correctly.

PDF layout tweaking activity is not perfectly finished,
but I decided to stop the work for the present.
Known issues are that...
1. Background color for lstcode environment is missing
   if automatic line break is performed between Japanese chars.
2. Japanese characters in \nolinkurl{} are not rendered
   (and "Missing character..." error message is appeared on *.log).
Some readers can't put up with them but I hope these issues are acceptable for most of readers.
Because these issues won't change the meaning of context and it is easy to guess the meaning.
It would be appreciated if you show me any workarounds for these issues.

PDF layout tweaking works are put into two branches;
one is 'jessie/master/typesetting/pdf/01_overriding_latex_commands_by_docbook' branch [1]
for the improvement of dblatex's generic configuration,
which won't conflict with localization activity to other language,
and the other is 'jessie/print-ja/00_pdf_layout_tweaking' branch [2]
for the tweaking of document source,
which will conflict with localization activity to other language,
It would be greatly appreciated, if you review my works.

[1] https://github.com/l/debian-handbook/tree/jessie/master/typesetting/pdf/01_overriding_latex_commands_by_docbook
    Overriding and adding LaTeX commands

    * Overriding LaTeX commands by docbook l10n interface
      (\appendixname, \chaptername, \indexname, \contentsname,
      \figurename, \tablename, \examplename)
    * Improvement for defining layout of title page
      (selecting appropriate minipage width for variable contents width of
      'Appendix', 'Section', 'chapter number')
    * Manually overriding and adding LaTeX commands for Japanese
      (\today, \prechaptername)

[2] https://github.com/l/debian-handbook/tree/jessie/print-ja/00_pdf_layout_tweaking
    Improve page layout for Japanese book

As for 'jessie/master/typesetting/pdf/01_overriding_latex_commands_by_docbook' branch,
I would like to push all commits in the branch to your 'jessie/master' branch
instead of special branch 'jessie/print-ja'. Because the branch mainly contains ...
1. overriding Language specific values for any languages
   which value is taken from docbook's l10n interface
   (such as \examplename from "/l10n/gentext[@key='Example']",
    \tablename from "/l10n/gentext[@key='Table']", etc...).
2. other special treatment for Japanese
   which is isolated by <xsl:when test="/book[@lang='ja-JP']">
   (such as \today, \prechaptername, etc...).
Is it convenient for you? I would like to know what do you think of it.

As for 'jessie/print-ja/00_pdf_layout_tweaking' branch,
I restarted tweaking layout again from scratch instead from 'jessie/print-en' branch.
This branch only contains practical changes for Japanese PDF page layout
(adding \pagebreak, replacing contextual blocks, resizing images).
I think layout tweaking is done in proper quantities,
but please ask me anything if there are unclear points.
If you think we reached agreement,
would you push the branch to 'jessie/print-ja' branch of your repository?
I don't have a permission to create new branch onto your repository.

I'm looking forward to your reply.

Regards,
Ryuunosuke Ayanokouzi
--