[Debian-handbook-translators] review request of selectable color scheme (gray-scale/full-color) for lulu.com POD

AYANOKOUZI, Ryuunosuke i38w7i3 at yahoo.co.jp
Fri Mar 4 17:13:22 UTC 2016

Dear Raphael,

At Fri, 4 Mar 2016 09:40:16 +0100,
Raphael Hertzog wrote:

> On Fri, 04 Mar 2016, AYANOKOUZI, Ryuunosuke wrote:
> >
> > So, I revised my patch by following approach.
> >
> > 1. Setting "hidelinks" option of hyperref.sty.
> >    It removes color and border feature (clickable link feature is not removed).
> > 2. Setting selectcolormodel "gray" by xcolor.sty.
> >    It simulate output from black & while printer.
> > 3. Overriding color definition of "textgray" by xcolor.sty
> >    "textgray" text turn to be "black" text.
> >
> > The text color of "page XX" string is changed to black by 3rd approach.
> > I think it is reasonable for black & white printer
> > especially "page XX" string on gray background.
>
> I would prefer not to do "3" instead I would suggest to change the XSL for
> "page.citation" to behave differently within a <sidebar>. Instead of changing
> to \textgray, we would generate "[page XX]" or "(page XX)" instead.
>
> The idea is to get it out of the usual text flow. The grey was a way to do
> it but if it's black we must have some other mean to do it...

OK, I understood your typesetting policy.
Keeping 'textgray' as it is would be justified
if additional information (such as "Page XX")
should be visually distinguished from main text.
And I think, whether "page XX" is on main body or on sidebar,
the same format should be used.

Now, I revised the patch again (just removed overriding of 'textgray')[1].
I have no objection to generated PDF from this patch.
If you are satisfied this patch,
I would like to rebase/push those commits on your jessie/master branch.

[1] https://github.com/l/debian-handbook/commit/f6bbfb90a611907ce30c195a508ed783b22645af

Is it possible to arrange further submission of revised PDF to lulu.com
before you place orders of Japanese copies for Japanese community?

Sincerely yours,
Ryuunosuke Ayanokouzi
--
AYANOKOUZI, Ryuunosuke <i38w7i3 at yahoo.co.jp>