[Debian-handbook-translators] Validate translation (compatibility to the docbook format) done on Weblate

Michal Čihař nijel at debian.org
Tue Jun 21 11:47:07 UTC 2016

Hi

Dne 24.5.2016 v 18:31 AYANOKOUZI, Ryuunosuke napsal(a):
> OK, I understand lazy commits and conditions when a commit is performed [1].
> In this case, downloading latest translation from Weblate just before build test [2]
> is alternative way to keep build environment up-to-date.

You can use Weblate API to get current translation file, however it will
need some scripting to do that for all files and translatins:

https://docs.weblate.org/en/latest/api.html#get--api-translations-%28string-project%29-%28string-component%29-%28string-language%29-file-

> [1] https://docs.weblate.org/en/latest/admin/continuous.html#lazy-commit
> [2] https://travis-ci.org/l/debian-handbook/builds/132586316#L2654
>
>>> Here are test cases I checked:
>>> case 1: no problem
>>>         https://travis-ci.org/l/debian-handbook/builds/132296396#L2585
>>>
>>> case 2: xml format error: mismatched tag
>>>         https://travis-ci.org/l/debian-handbook/builds/132292727#L2746
>>>
>>> case 3: xml format error: not well-formed (invalid token)
>>>         https://travis-ci.org/l/debian-handbook/builds/132217344#L2746
>>
>> Those two errors should really be caught by Weblate. Don't we have such
>> basic XML checks?
>
> It looks that Weblate detects 'mismatched tag' [3].
> But I could not find error check function about 'not well-formed'.
>
> [3] https://docs.weblate.org/en/latest/user/checks.html#xml-tags-mismatch

It really should catch both. In case it doesn't please send me examples
so that I can tweak the check (or directly report it on GitHub issue
tracker, so that it's not forgotten in case I miss the mail as I did
with this thread...).

--
	Michal Čihař | http://cihar.com/ | https://weblate.org/