[Debian-handbook-translators] Validate translation (compatibility to the docbook format) done on Weblate

Raphael Hertzog hertzog at debian.org
Tue Jun 21 12:06:23 UTC 2016

On Tue, 21 Jun 2016, Michal Čihař wrote:
> > One issue with this is that we use lazy commits so you do not always have
> > the latest strings in git. Maybe weblate could be improved to maintain
> > a pu/<branch-name> that would be overwritten each time but that would
> > always contain the most recent content (while <branch-name> continues to
> > be updated lazily).
>
> Unfortunately this is not really possible without ruining user
> experience as doing Git commit with every change is quite expensive.

Well, no need for it to happen on each change. Something that does it
regularly is enough:
- on initial state, a change triggers a 5 minute time out and a 30 minute
  time out
- every further changes resets the 5 minute time out (but does not modify
  the 30 minute time out)
- the first of the two timers that elapses triggers a commit and bring
  back the logic to the first state.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer