[Debian-handbook-translators] Git repository moved to salsa.debian.org

Raphael Hertzog hertzog at debian.org
Thu Feb 15 20:35:56 UTC 2018

Hello dear translators,

I moved the git repository from alioth (which is deprecated) to
salsa.debian.org, Debian's new gitlab instance.

https://salsa.debian.org/hertzog/debian-handbook

As translators, you will no longer have direct commit access to the git
repository. Instead you will have to fork the repository, push your
changes into your own repository, and submit a merge request on the
appropriate branch.

I'm willing to give the developer status on the official repository to
a few persons to help me process the merge requests and to push their
own changes. I already added Petter Reinholdtsen and I would like to add
Ryuunosuke Ayanokouzi also (can you give me your salsa login once you
created your account? TIA). If you are a coordinator of an active
translation team, I'm willing to consider adding you as well after having
processed a few of your merge requests.

In the future, I expect to setup some GitLab CI integration so that you
can check if your merge request does not break the build of the book.

This doesn't change anything when you use Weblate to contribute
translations. Weblate will soon be updated to track the new git
repository.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer