[Debian-in-workers] script rendering in Devanagari is not proper.

|| स्वक्ष || स्वक्ष
Tue Aug 2 09:48:09 UTC 2005

Its been 14 hours since I sent this message on Aug 2, 2005 but it does
not feature in the Archives.  Any idea why ?

---------- message ----------

Hello Everybody,

I heard about this list from Christian on DW.
I translate for Ubuntu using Rosetta for Sanskrit and Marathi. A
problem I have is with the UTF-8 unicode character encoding not
rendering correctly.

Example :  The name विक्रम (Vikram) here has all the svaras (vowels)
matras incorrectly on the adjacent consonant. I use Ubuntu and the
Character map to create this word, which renders well on that dialog
box. However when its pasted on a text file (or this email) the result
is a jumble as you can see.

Can someone explain where I am going wrong  and why UTF-8 does not
render properly in the text file.

--
cheers,