[Debian-in-workers] Re: hello + UTF8 [solved]

Jamie Norrish jamie at artefact.org.nz
Sun Aug 21 05:24:00 UTC 2005

Jaldhar H. Vyas writes:

 > ok.  Then the next question is could it be a font problem?

This seems unlikely, if only because I get the correct display in, for
example, GEdit and gucharmap. The display in Firefox includes all of
the characters, it's just the display of short i (displayed after the
preceding character rather than before) and conjunct consonants
(rendered individually with explicit viramas) which is broken. This is
precisely the same behaviour that I see with the standard Debian
package.

 > $ fc-list ":lang=hi"

Gargi_1.7:style=Medium
Lohit Hindi:style=Regular
Code2000:style=Regular,Normal... [snip a bunch of characters that Emacs is
not coping gracefully with]

Jamie
--
Artefact Publishing: http://www.artefact.org.nz/