[Debian-in-workers] Re: [DebianIndia] Debian-IN

Christian Perrier bubulle at debian.org
Mon Aug 22 17:05:07 UTC 2005

Quoting Baishampayan Ghose (b.ghose at gmail.com):
> Chris,
> > Well, experience for other languages has shown that localizing the
> > Debian Installer (D-I) brings a lot of attention on a language.
> I am interested in translating D-I to Bangla (bn_IN). Tell me how to proceed.

Yessss...:-)

Well, you will certainly be the very first tester of the new "New
Language Process" I have documented in the Debian Installer i18n
documentation which I worked on during my holidays (holidays without
net access is good for working on documentation...:-)).

So, please stay tuned. I first need to setup a few things, put files
in place and then I'll come back to you.

If you don't mind, we can make the whole process in public, in this
list-->this will help other list subscribers to see how Debian
Installer translations can start.