[Debian-in-workers] Kannada localisation for Debian

Christian Perrier bubulle at debian.org
Wed Aug 31 15:58:20 UTC 2005

Quoting Thejesh GN (gnthej at gmail.com):

>     Will discussions about this happen on this mailing list ?
>

>        Well now I don't know where should we discuss this effort.

Actually, we are in the process of running the New Language Process
steps along with Thejesh. See the thread about Bangla translations in
this list.

I don't think it's currently worht it restarting such a thread for
Kannada. It would IMHO be "boring" for other contributors and I don't
want to clutter up this list with these threads.

However, if the general feeling goes for this process to be handled
here, I'm fine with it.

Anyway, when the real translation effort will start, you (and other
language teams) will need a plce to work on it.

We have a few possibilities:

-do it here for all languages
-do it in existing translation teams mailing lists and forums
-create specialized l10n lists in the debian-in project on Alioth

I think I would favorize the latter, which could accompany the use of
Alioth CVS or SVN repositories for the teams work

Jaldhar, comments?