[Debian-in-workers] Debian on one dvd?

Jaldhar H. Vyas jaldhar at debian.org
Tue Dec 13 17:49:19 UTC 2005

One of the problems Linux users in countries like India have is low
bandwidth.  They prefer to get their distributions on CD or DVD as far as
possible.  Debian is very badly affected by this as we usually stress
updating over the net.

At foss.in I spoke with the editor of Linux For You (http://www.linuxforu.com/)
which is a magazine devoted to Linux topics with national distribution.
As well as the articles, they distribute a DVD with each issue.  I asked
the editor if they would be willing to distribute a Debian DVD.  He said
he had several requests for this before but sarges' 2 DVD size was too big
and he was loathe to make any changes himself.  But if I could provide him
with a version which fit on one DVD, he would gladly include it in the
February 2006 edition.

So has anyone done anything like this before?  Or would anyone be willing
to help get this done?  We have until the end of the year in order to meet
the deadline for February.

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar at debian.org>