[Debian-in-workers] Re: Debian on one dvd?

Jaldhar H. Vyas jaldhar at debian.org
Wed Dec 14 14:46:40 UTC 2005

On Wed, 14 Dec 2005, Steve Langasek wrote:

> Why not just use the stock DVD 1 image?  As always, packages are sorted on
> the disk images according to criteria like package priority and popcon
> numbers, so probably ought to be 99% or more of the packages that 99% of the
> users will need.
>
> Unless there are specific packages missing from disk 1 that you know are
> needed for this market, the stock ISO seems like it would be fine.

well there is that.  The Indian fonts and things seem to be on DVD 2.
Also the stock image does not include source code correct?  Then how do we
meet the conditions of the GPL?  I don't think the written offer option is
feasible for the publishers (though I'll ask to make sure.)

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar at debian.org>