[Ankur-core] Re: [Debian-in-workers] Bengali in new Debian Installer

Deepayan Sarkar deepayan at stat.wisc.edu
Wed Sep 21 16:48:01 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 20 September 2005 15:54, Jaldhar H. Vyas wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Sep 2005, Omi Azad wrote:
> > Jamil Ahmed wrote:
> >> indic-font package is already there for Debian. Will not that do?
> >> http://packages.debian.org/stable/x11/ttf-indic-fonts
> >>
> >> `Jamil
> >
> > But those fonts are not Unicode 4.1.0 compatible.
>
> They're not?  What needs to be done to make them compatible?  (Note Debian
> unstable has the latest version of these packages.)

AFAICS, Debian itself is not Unicode 4.1.0 compliant yet (the unstable version
of console-data has [1] /usr/share/unidata/UnicodeData-4.0.1d1b.txt). The
change is the addition of one (moderately rare) code point, but the font
editor we use (fontforge) doesn't know about it yet (I haven't checked the
CVS version recently though).

In any case, this is a minor problem (that will get solved eventually), and
more importantly, completely orthogonal to the issue at hand.

Deepayan

[1]
http://packages.debian.org/cgi-bin/search_contents.pl?searchmode=filelist&word=console-data&version=unstable&arch=all&page=1&number=all