[Debian-in-workers] Debian Developers Conference 2006

പ്രവീണ്‍‌ [प्रवीण] (Praveen) എ [ए] (A) pravi.a at gmail.com
Tue Aug 15 09:27:03 UTC 2006

 Hi,

I am very happy to announce the Debian Developers Conference 2006 [
http://fci.wikia.com/wiki/Debian/Conf/06 ] which will be held as a
Debian MiniConf during FOSS.IN/2006 [http://www.foss.in/2006 ] from
November 24-26, 2006.

It gives us an opportunity to get a wider audience and which is a
challenge as well to focus our efforts on getting more people involved
with Debian Development.

We can discuss the ideas in the mailing list and collect these in
the wiki ( http://fci.wikia.com/wiki/Debian/Conf/06 ) for reference.

I would like to have a meeting before the event to discuss the plan
and taking up the responsibility to go forward.

Looking forward to your comments and participation.

Regards
Praveen

PS1: I think there was some doubts about the nature of foss.in, being
a part of the last year's foss.in as a volunteer and close interaction
with the organisers I believe it is the right platform for us. lets
focus on the content we are going to delver rather than losing focus.

PS2: The naming, we will continue to call it Debian developers
Conference but in the context of FOSS.IN it will be Debian MiniConf
[both are the same]

PS3: I missed this list in the original announcement :-( I would like to use
this event as a meeting place for all Debian localisation teams and even
forming new teams/getting new people to the teams.

--
"Value your freedom, or you will lose it, teaches history.
`Don't bother us with politics', respond those who don't want to learn."