[Debian-in-workers] Maintainer Required to Package festival-te

Chaitanya Kamisetty chaitanya at atc.tcs.co.in
Wed Feb 22 06:55:32 UTC 2006

I am a member of the Telugu localization team[1]. We developed
fesival-te, a Telugu language pack for Festival text-to-speech system.
It provides the modules required to use Festival for Telugu. This is an
important package required for using speech assistance software like
Gnopernicus[2] on the localized Telugu desktop. Providing speech
assistance can be an possible solution to helping illiterate users to
use computers.

The package has been released under GPL and is available at the downlaod
page[3].

festival-te is an important package of Telugu l10n and so we would like
to see it packaged for Debian. The package consists of only scheme
scripts (no compilation required) and installation only involves copying
to the destination directory.

Can someone please take up the task to packaging festival-te?