[Debian-in-workers] First commit of Tamil translation for Debian Installer

Christian Perrier bubulle at debian.org
Tue Feb 28 06:12:54 UTC 2006

I missed it but I have been notified by Dennis Stampfer: the first
commit of a partial Tamil translation of Debian Installer has been
made in D-I SVN repository a few days ago.

The translation ratio is actually about 21% which is far from the
limit of 50% where I activate a language (a short discussion recently
happened about the real interest for a limit and it may have convinced
me that I can make exceptions) but this is already interesting to see
some progress here.

Welcome, then, to Tamil as a "soon supported" language in Debian
Installer. And congratulations to Damodharan Rajalingam who
coordinated (and continues to coordinate) this work.