[Debian-in-workers] (forw) Announcing the beginning of Debian installer translation into Malayalam

Christian Perrier bubulle at debian.org
Tue Jan 3 05:55:42 UTC 2006

Below the announcement of the beginning of the work on Malayalam
translation of Debian Installer.

For people in debian-i18n, Malayalam is one of the 22 official
languages in India, actually a language of the Dravidian family, in
the southern part of the country (hope I don't say stupid things).

Welcome officially to the translators team, Vivek....

So far, the languages of South Asia under work are:

Fully supported (ie some packages are translated):
Bengali (shared with Bangladesh), Hindi, Punjabi

Support begins (partial file commited but no package translated yet)
Tamil

Waiting for the first commit:
Gujarati, Malayalam

New language process is running: