[Debian-in-workers] Malayalam fonts are not getting installed

Christian Perrier bubulle at debian.org
Tue Dec 18 19:06:15 UTC 2007

Quoting Frans Pop (elendil at planet.nl):

> 2) Currently the order of languages seems to be alphabetical, which means
> languages with "high" letters will have a higher chance of being pushed off
> the 1st/2nd/3rd CD or off the 1st DVD. Should we maybe use a a somewhat
> more intelligent grouping of languages so that at least similar/related
> languages can be expected to be supported by the same images?

Here's a first proposal. Languages are (roughly) grouped by families
(some families could be debatable).

Drawback: why should we put West European first and South Asian or
African last? There is indeed no reason except our western-centric
minds..:-)

Another idea would be ranking languages by number of speakers.

Or maybe use popcon (are there popularity rankings for tasks?).