[Debian-in-workers] Red Hat signs MoU with Kerala govt

അനിവര്‍ അരവിന്ദ് anivar.aravind at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 19:12:26 UTC 2007

On Jun 6, 8:28 am, "Santhosh Thottingal" <santhos... at gmail.com> wrote:
> The following article was posting at this linkhttp://www.ciol.com/content/search/showarticle1.asp?artid=98103
>
> Red Hat signs MoU with Kerala govt

> Red Hat will train the technical staff of various government organizations
> on open source applications. Red Hat will also train school teachers in
> Kerala on Linux desktop skills under a "Train-the-Trainer" program.

This is shocking 4 me.
So what will happen to Worlds largest Debian Installation as a project
(IT at school) in the world?
Is there any Technical merit for redhat over Debian, the community
project over a Social contract?
Is it means IT at school platform will be changed to Redhat?
What about the Teachers & students familiar & comfortable with Debian?
Does anyone looked at their choise of deciding GNU/Linux Version or
Did the "Policy People" Considered them only as consumers?
the  volunteers who trained teachers all over the state are fooled?
I hope Vimal, James , and Arun are this this list.
Vimal is used to create Debian Based IT at school  GNU/Linux CD every
year.
Friends in FSF, do u have a voice on this,  I hope you are not
considering end users only as consumers. I request you to demand for
their voice too.
And  Just notice the terminology in Redhat's PR http://www.gnu.org/gnu/why-gnu-linux.html

And as a volunteer who installed  Debian GNU/Linux in schools &
Trained a lot of Teachers I need to ask what is wrong with debian?

Anivar