[Debian-in-workers] Red Hat signs MoU with Kerala govt

Jaldhar H. Vyas jaldhar at debian.org
Thu Jun 7 05:09:55 UTC 2007

On Wed, 6 Jun 2007, à´~Eനിവരàµ~Mâ~@~M à´~Eരവിനàµ~Mà´¦àµ~M wrote:

> And as a volunteer who installed  Debian GNU/Linux in schools &
> Trained a lot of Teachers I need to ask what is wrong with debian?

Like the fabled "city of the Gandharvas" Debian exists and doesn't exist.
It obviously exists (else why are we talking about this? :-)  But as far
as the bureaucratic mind is concerned there is no CEO, no headquarters, no
one to sign "memorandums of understanding" therefore it doesn't exist.

Is there any company or official organization that can push for Debian in
Kerala.  Are there printed training materials or course work?  A list of
consultants who are qualified to maintain Debian systems?  These are
avenues to pursue IMO.

Remember Red Hat are not our enemy.  If their organizational structure is
more appropriate for the situation than Debian, well it is still a win for
free software.  All we want is for choices to be made with full
information and no political pressure so that Debian can compete on its
own merits.

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar at debian.org>