[Debian-in-workers] Red Hat signs MoU with Kerala govt

Anivar Aravind anivar.aravind at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 18:57:46 UTC 2007

Mahesh T. Pai wrote:
> Anivar Aravind said on Thu, Jun 07, 2007 at 12:22:10PM +0530,:
>  > http://www.edugrid.ac.in/webfolder/download/schoolGnu/README.html
>
> The first version of the IT at SCHOOL CD was based on Ubuntu.

The First Version of Cd was custom edumorphics  with Latest Gnome at
That time from Ubuntu Repository.

http://www.hindu.com/2006/05/08/stories/2006050811430400.htm

> And there  is nothing -  absolutely nothing -- on  space-kerala.org or
> it at school  website  or KSITM  (kerala  state  IT  Mission) website  to
> provide continued support for the kind of roll out required now.

You are still Talking about Rollout.
It is already Happened  man
You are still lagging 2 years

BTW Did u seen
http://support.space-kerala.org/wiki/index.php/School_GNU_Linux_FAQ
And
http://support.space-kerala.org/wiki/index.php/School_GNU_Linux_Tips
Before making authoritative comments?

>  > I agree with using Rehat services in govt. But Why schools?. Because a
>  > well established system is running there?  Or they want to start
>  > everything from scrach? It seems as a Bonus of this deal
>
> I understand your feelings. I know that you have put in a log of
> efforts into the IT at SCHOOL project. YOur efforts are certainly
> commendable, but please, please, do not criticise the MoU without
> disclosing your interest in it.

It is pointed multiple times in the same list
I am criticising It at school Part of the MoU (which is not Publically
available yet) Because It is a Over the Roof Decision which affects the
interest of the Free Software Community associated with This Project.
What is the role of Community in decision making here?

we are Talking about a Free Society strengthened by Free Software.So why
Fears Community In This? I am Representing the interest of various
volunteers who worked to spread this Movement forward. One day one Giant
comes in undemocratic manner in a secretive way to take the fruit
cultivated by the community. And Mahesh ,  Now I need to ask you What is
Your interests in Protecting the MoU.

> I know (and everybody else on this list too) that you people are
> working on localisation, but what is relevance of that to the subject?
>
> What is so shocking about the GoK - RH MoU, apart from the fact that
> the fact that MoU  may affect the source of funding your project?

Source Of Funding:))) HA HA HAA . Can u Say my source of funding? You
seems to be still in the mountains of misconceptions

And which is My Project U mensioned?
I am not related with any Funded Project on Localisation or IT @ school
or Free Software yet. From the context I assume You are talking about SMC

Swathanthra Malayalam computing is a Transparent Project which is
Completely volunteer Driven .I'm Cc'ing smc-discuss list too..

> (PS:- I do not want to ask that on KSSP list)

I dont mind If you are asking it on any list

This is a usual problem for people thinking in Terms of Market & Money
than Social Means of work. We work for Free Software & language
Computing Mainly Because of Thinking Social Benefits of It. The social
cause is the motivating factor here. Not Money. We know that people will
support us too if we can address the social needs.

- --
Anivar Aravind
moving Republic
Peringavu.P.O