[Debian-in-workers] xkb-data update with bolnagri?

Christian Perrier bubulle at debian.org
Fri Jun 8 04:57:23 UTC 2007

> if it can go into etch as an update then best, since then users dont
> have to resort to overwriting the existing 'in' map manually.
> i guess if something is benefiting a large no of users can be
> considered as a 'critical' update.

It will not. One might regret this but the policy for updates to etch
is really strict and meant to avoid regressions *and* endless
discussions to decide whether a given update is "safe" or "important
enough".

And, even with that policy, I and the samba packaging team had to work
on 3 successive updates to the samba package, for instance..:-)

> but either ways it should go into sid/lenny..

Of course. Definitely. I suggest reporting the bug with a patch, of
course. Unless, of course, you are certain that upstream will include
the new feature. In such case, there's no need to report it in Debian
as well.