[Debian-in-workers] debian-in.org

Jaldhar H. Vyas jaldhar at debian.org
Wed Jun 20 19:33:53 UTC 2007

On Wed, 20 Jun 2007, G Karunakar wrote:

> Hi,
> I recently registered  debian-in.org  (since it was available &
> prices were low esp with $ crashing low!). If someone could suggest
> what CNAME/A entries to add in dns settings.. to have it directed to
> debian-in.alioth.debian.org (its really long to type ;-)

just:

debian-in.org.     1D IN CNAME debian-in.alioth.debian.org.
www.debian-in.org. 1D IN CNAME debian-in.alioth.debian.org.

Should be sufficient I think.  I can set up secondary DNS too once you
have the CNAMES set up.

> On 6/20/07, Christian Perrier <bubulle at debian.org> wrote:
>> Quoting G Karunakar (indlinux at gmail.com):
>
> What about the debian.in domain?
>

>> it seems already taken/hijacked, i think it was earlier held by some
>> indian guy, but maybe he forgot to renew it..
>> whois gives..
>>
>> Domain ID:D486745-AFIN
>> Domain Name:DEBIAN.IN
>> Created On:16-Feb-2005 06:36:09 UTC
>> Last Updated On:24-Feb-2007 01:30:48 UTC
>> Expiration Date:16-Feb-2008 06:36:09 UTC
>> Sponsoring Registrar:Direct Information Pvt. Ltd. dba
>> PublicDomainRegistry.com (R5-AFIN)
>> Status:CLIENT DELETE PROHIBITED
>> Status:CLIENT RENEW PROHIBITED
>> Status:CLIENT TRANSFER PROHIBITED
>> Status:CLIENT UPDATE PROHIBITED
>> Registrant ID:DI_1130775
>> Registrant Name:Christos Pelekis

I vaguely seem to recall the Greek Debian domain being hijacked at some
point.  Was it by this guy?  We should try and get in touch with him and
see what his intentions are.

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar at debian.org>