[Debian-in-workers] [DebianIndia] Fwd: Debian Installer lenny release candidate 1

Christian Perrier bubulle at debian.org
Thu Nov 13 06:12:13 UTC 2008

Quoting Kartik Mistry (kartik.mistry at gmail.com):
> Test. test. test!

Well, actually, the "test test test" is better having *before* we
release...:-)

The name "Release candidate" may be msleading, but this installer is
really how the final lenny installer will look like. It could even be
the installer used by lenny....

So, if bugs are discovered during testing, they're likely to go in the
errata file more than being fixed.

There will be an RC2, but that one is more mandatory to get updated
kernel packages enter testing and that's mostly all.

The only issue I'd really like to see fixed is the issue faced for
Dzongkha installs (mentioned in the errata file and reported as
#505408).

Please also note that, during the RC1 heavy tests last week-end, I
personnally only "tested" Hindi installs....though, as you might
figure out, the only thing I can confirm is that it works to the end
(including a full desktop system install) and displays what is at
least apparently a Devanagari script.....

Something that hasn't been worked on *at all* are the X keymap choices
for all Indic-based scripts.

When one chooses languages from india, what are the expected settings
in xorg.conf wrt keymap?

We would need:
XKbLayout, XkbModel, XKbVariant
(XKbModel is likely to be pc105)