[Debian-in-workers] [DebianIndia] Re: [FSUG-Bangalore] Request for volunteers to translate debian installer to Kannada

Christian Perrier bubulle at debian.org
Wed Jul 8 05:29:38 UTC 2009

(keeping lists CC'ed in the hope that all of them allow non
subscribers posts...or that this post will be moderated in the list)

Quoting Praveen A (pravi.a at gmail.com):

> Christian,
>
> Can they use the pootle server? I believe Clytie Siddall is using it
> for Vietnamese.

No, but others do (the Basque team, IIRC)

So, yes they can. http://pootle.debian.net

It needs someone to create self an account and /me to give him|her
rights to "administer"  D-I/Kannada and particularly to "commit" files
back to D-I SVN through Pootle. I'd say Vikram is the right candidate
for this..:-)

Then other potential translators could register themselves on Pootle
and ask the coordinator to give them rights to translate on the d-i
project for Kannada.