[Debian-in-workers] [DebianIndia] Proposal for a developers meet similar to our meeting in IIIT Blr ~4 years back

Praveen A pravi.a at gmail.com
Tue Aug 10 07:11:46 UTC 2010

2010/8/10 Praveen A <pravi.a at gmail.com>:
> [...]
> active community in PICT.
>
> Kartik has been always there for Debian and he was instrumental in
> making sure we are a debian proper event. Of course, he advocated me
> to be a DM :)
>
> Pavithran has been our main spokesperson on irc and his interactions
> with debian community helped us in making sure debian people knew
> about this event. He was there from Friday to Monday and made sure we
> have everything in place.
>
> There were lot many people who helped in many ways
>
> Naveen Kumar has been encouraging me in every step and interactions
> with him every day helped make this event much more organised. He was
> insistent on meticulous planning even to the minute details.
>
> Kushal Das for having played and excellent role. I guess every one got
> a clear understanding of upstream and downstream. I found having
> upstream author, maintainer, mentor and sponsor at the same place was
> a wonderful way of demonstrating the relationship between different
> communities in the Free Software world. Back and forth between me and
> Kushal about copyright was the best part. Understanding about how
> copyright is fundamental to being part of the Free Software community.
>
> Onkar Shinde for helping me with my intro talk and workshop. Being
> part of Ubuntu and Debian gave a different perspective and it was an
> important one.
>
> Amit Karpe and PLUG team for joining with us for organising this
> event. It was good to see him contact us and offer help.
>
> Sasikumar sir of CDAC for supporting this event and making sure we
> have a good interaction with BOSS team. Also for coming as a chief
> guest and delivering and inspiring inaugural address.
>
> Ashok Kumar and BOSS team for a healthy dialogue. Hopefully, we can
> work together more closely after this interaction.
>
> Vikram Vincent for his energetic talk, he was talking to students in
> their own language.
>
> Raghavendra for sharing his vision and experience.
>
> I'm definitely going to miss many volunteers' names because I have
> interacted directly with only small number of them and I don't
> remember most of their names :( Abhijit and Pavithran can help me
> here. I will attempt some names Swapnil, Avinash, Madhur, Aswin and
> many more.
>
> Plus all the awesome participants, who stayed up till 10 pm on first
> day, came at 8 am on the second day and stayed till 8pm, that is quiet
> an effort. Again I will try some names, but I know it is incomplete,
> Arnav, Vivek, Sana, Priyanka, Sushant, Raghavendra ...
>
> Oh yeah Ninad Pundalik was helping with the workshop and his
> microblogs. Ramakrishna for his great insights. Shirish was keeping
> the sessions alive with lot of questions.
>
> And of course our sponsors Media Magic Technologies and Nexenta
> systems. Hopefully Linux For You will cover this event in their coming
> edition.
>
> Abhijith, Vipul, Kartik, Pavithran, and others

How did I miss Karunakar? It was good to see him even though he was
planned to go some other place. His presence helped answering some
questions on input methods.

Vipul says "Pravin Chavan from CoEP  for arranging delivary of
flex,buttons,and bunking whole day of college!for placing order of
tshirts in desperate times.."

--
പ്രവീണ്‍ അരിമ്പ്രത്തൊടിയില്‍